Sunday, December 6, 2015

Looming on the field ;)

Yesterday I was able to head out to an event and just hang out weaving and spinning a little on the side of the field.  It was fun.  The warp that the class built a couple months ago is a little wonky (the tension is a little off), but I still managed to weave about a foot while I was out there. It's having a draw-in problem that I suspect is due to inconsistent tension when the warp was card woven. Regardless,  it was nice to just weave and chat with people.  I like to explain how the loom works and I hope there will be more people joining me in the future.
   I was reminded of the old problem of dissatisfaction that people who make things often face.  I carry around various pieces that different classes have woven or I have made for practice.  I don't use them for anything as they are just practice in my book.  One woman really liked them and wanted to know what I planned to do with them. She really wanted to use one as a bag strap.  Since I had no plan for it, I gave it to her. Because they are practice pieces, I considered them inferior. She's not the first person to ask, but most everyone else is a friend and I thought they were just being nice - Lesson learned.


Yes...I'm in the background.  I'm lucky that Gabriel is so adorable so I have a picture :)

3 comments:

انجين محمد said...

شركة تنظيف خزانات بالاحساء 0578074829 الجوهرة كلين

شركة تنظيف خزانات بالاحساء

الخزانات من الأشياء التي لا تستغني عنها أي مؤسسة في الوقت الحالي حيث أنها الحل الأمثل للأماكن التي تعاني من انقطاع في المياه لفترات طويلة من الوقت، ولكن من ناحية أخرى لابد من أن يتم الاهتمام بنظافتها وصيانتها من وقت لأخر، حيث أن الخزانات تتأثر بسرعة بالعوامل المختلفة المحيطة بها وبالتالي يتأثر الماء الذي نستخدمه في نواحي عديدة في حياتنا اليومية، ومن الضروري أن يتم التعامل مع شركات مختصة للحصول على هذه الخدمة، وشركة تنظيف خزانات بالاحساء واحدة من أهم الشركات التي توفر لكم مجموعة كبيرة من المتخصصين في هذا المجال والمدربين جيداً في التعامل مع كافة أنواع خزانات المياه التي من أهمها النوع البلاستيكي والمصنوع من الصاج.
__________________________

uea said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
fgthtyhsrty said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.