Monday, May 12, 2014

Going to teach a class on warp weighted weaving soon!

I'm starting to get excited about the idea of teaching a class on warp weighted weaving at a local SCA event.  My plan is to hopefully have the Oseburg loom by then so I can have warps in various stages for people to try it out. 

I was thinking of having it set up like this:

One warp on the Oseburg loom so that people can try building the warp and can see the mechanics of it.

One warp sewn onto the Warp Weighted loom so then they can try it out.

We'll start by everyone doing a few passes on the Oseburg loom (hopefully) and then we can move on to the chaining, weaving of heddles, adding weights, and actually weaving.  I guessed that the class part may last about four hours - but I am sure that people will wander in and out as there are many classes happening at the same time.  I think I'll end up doing an overview to start out with and then just keep it going as people have time to pop in and out...and I have to make a handout.

No comments: