Thursday, May 29, 2014

I rolled some up...and I can see things I need to work on.

So I've rolled it up some.  It really shows how much draw-in I have at the top which I'm not happy about.  But, since this is only the third time I've warped a wwl, I'm trying not to be to upset about it - just taking note and learning for next time.
My working hypothesis is that I need to weave the header band tighter.  This would cause the warp threads to be closer together and there would be less draw in.  Besides the very first bit, it's still fairly uniform.  I find it harder to stay uniform with the constant stopping and starting, but life makes it necessary.  I'll be done with the current warp by this weekend.  I'll be teaching a class on warp weighted weaving the following weekend - which means the second leg wrap will be started for sure. 

No comments: