Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Cool pic of pin beater in action...

I found this pic on the website http://vikingeskibsmuseet.dk/index.php?id=1313&L=1 I really like this picture for two reasons:
1 - It shows the pin-beater in action (BTW - I totally copied her pin-beater on a string...makes it easier). She is "scalloping" the weft thread into place.
2- If you look at the fabric right below header beam, you can see that it is kind of wavy. This has been happening on my piece as well. As far as I can tell - it's from the weight bundles. It makes sense and it makes me feel better to see it on someone else's work also.

Something else I noticed...it seems that I get a line in the weaving every time I release the weights and roll-up. It annoys me, but I think that it will work itself out "in the wash" when I wet finish the fabric...

No comments: