Thursday, September 10, 2009

Learning as you go somtimes makes you feel d-u-m-b!

So...the weaving is progressing along nicely. Last night I decided to see what would happen if I rolled some up...(this is where the dumb part comes in)...I start to try and roll it up and...nothing happens. Why? Well...in my infinite wisdom, I decided that I didn't need to drill the whole in the top beam to sew the warp to the beam. This turns out to be crucial as all the warp does right now is spin around the beam since it is tied to it. Lucky for me, my husband is going to make a slight addition to the beam to make it turn. This warp is the first and last time I will use this beam anyway because it is too small and bows with the weight of the warp. The hubby says that he will use his shaving horse and draw knife and make me a new one in time for me to warp the loom again in October - I'm pretty certain that I will be done with the first piece sometime in the next two weeks. The next top beam will be much thicker and have the wholes drilled.

No comments: